These sites are intended to serve as a mechanism for Greene County Board of Developmental Disabilities (GCBDD) to communicate to the public the message of GCBDD.
In the event GCBDD creates a discussion thread, that thread is solely dedicated to the limited topic and any irrelevant or harassing posts may be removed from public view. As a public entity, Greene County Board of Developmental Disabilities must abide by certain standards to serve all its constituents in a civil and unbiased manner. Accordingly, GCBDD may review any comment posted, and remove those comments that violate this social media policy. These sites are not created as public forums, but as a way for GCBDD to express its message to the public. Communications made to GCBDD via a social media site will in no way constitute legal or official notice or serve as a channel for formal or official communication, [e.g. the public may not use these sites to request public records]
A comment posted by a member of the public on any GCBDD social media site is the opinion of the commenter or poster only, and publication does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, GCBDD offices/departments, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of GCBDD or GCBDD as a whole.
Comments posted to this page may be monitored during regular business hours, and comments requesting responses and in violation of this policy may be removed at any time. The Board of GCBDD further reserves the right to deny access to any GCBDD social media sites for any individual, who violates the GCBDD Social Media Policy, at any time without prior notice. When a GCBDD employee responds to a comment, in their capacity as a GCBDD employee, the employees name and title shall be made available, upon request, and the employee shall not share personal information about themselves, or other County employees. Perceived misuse by an employee should be reported directly to the Superintendent of GCBDD, who will make a determination of appropriate discipline.
All comments posted to any GCBDD social media sites are bound to the respected sites’ Terms of Service, Statement of Rights, User Agreement, etc. and the GCBDD reserves the right to report any violation of these agreements with the intent of said site taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action. GCBDD reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments containing, but not limited to the following types of content:
- Vulgar, profane, obscene, violent, or offensive language and sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, military status, disability, genetic information, or sexual orientation;
- Comments not related to the original topic, including random or unintelligible comments;
- Content that disrupts or disturbs the ability of the office/ department to express its message;
- Content that requires an inordinate amount of staff involvement or resources;
- Violation of any laws of the State of Ohio;
- Spam or solicitations of commerce, including but not limited to advertisements of a vendor’s products or services;
- Content that supports or opposes political views, campaigns, or ballot measures;
- Infringement upon copyrights or trademarks;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Defamatory or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
Repetitive or duplicative posts by single or multiple users.
The purpose of this clause allowing for the removal of public comment is to preserve the right of GCBDD to express its views and activities without being subject to annoying, dangerous, or criminal behavior.
Endorsements, Advertising, and Authorized Links
Unauthorized links posted directly to GCBDD social media sites will be removed. Links must be submitted directly to a designated county employee or authorized contractor for approval, and posting to the social media site.
These sites may contain hypertext or other links to external Internet sites that are not provided or maintained by Greene County. Please note that GCBDD cannot guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of these external sites. Any posted hyperlinks shall be accompanied by a disclaimer stating that GCBDD does not guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness, or security of the link, website, or content linked thereto.
In addition to material posted by GCBDD, this page may include ads and suggestions for other profiles to view selected by the social media site that links to third party sites included in user comments. The inclusion of these ads, profiles, and links is outside of the control of GCBDD and are not an official endorsement of any product, person, or service, and may not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying endorsement or approval of any product, person, or service. GCBDD does not receive any revenue from any of these advertisement links.